Sunday, 4 June 2017

BLOG TOUR: Sandhya Menon's Starbucks Inspired Book List


Is it my stop in the blog tour for one of my favourite books of all time? By jove, I believe you're right.

What can I say? I've anticipated When Dimple Met Rishi since a long while, longing for its release. (although I was kindly send an ARC pre-release so thanks so much Chapter 5 Books! You guys are the real MVP.) I mean, this is an #ownvoices novel that circled around Asian culture. Written by a woman of colour about people of colour. You don't understand the excitement. I love India. I love the culture, the food, the scenery - as a WOC of Asian heritage, it would come across as no surprise that I would yearn to read such a book. (Also I love how we have actual Hindi in the story. My love for this book knows no bounds.)

So whilst the book focuses on all aspects relating to family, friendship, traditions and Indian culture, among other relevant topics - we also have coffee. Which is my weakness. So I kindly asked Sandhya for a list of book recommendations centering around some Starbucks drinks. Fun, na?

I was excited, not gonna lie.

So here we go, here's Sandhya's book list for you all to devour. With a Starbucks twist. (Thank you Sandhya!)

Enjoy.


SANDHYA'S BOOK LIST

1. Caffè Mistro Brewed Coffee - Something New & Adventurous

Dear Martin

DEAR MARTIN by Nic Stone (YA)
(such a beautiful book; due out in October 2017)


2. Piccino - Luscious & filled with Love

The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1)

THE STAR TOUCHED QUEEN by Roshani Chokshi (YA)
(don’t forget to check out the companion novel, A Crown of Wishes!)


3. Caramel Cream Frappucino - Light & Sweet

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)

LARA JEAN SERIES by Jenny Han (YA)
(The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han is also really cute!)


4. Strawberries & Cream Frappucino - Fun & Fluffy

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS SERIES by Stephanie Perkins (YA)
 (and I’m really looking forward to her horror novel, coming in September 2017!)

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA by Becky Albertalli (YA)
(the spin-off, The Upside of Unrequited, is really good, too!)


5. Caffè Americano Bittersweet & Tantilizing

The Handmaid's Tale


THE HANDMAID'S TALE by Margaret Atwood (ADULT)
(and you can now also watch the movie!)


6. Iced Caramel Macchiato - Romantic & Refreshing

The Undomestic Goddess

THE UNDOMESTIC GODDESS by Sophie Kinsella (ADULT)
 (really anything by Sophie Kinsella, actually!)


7. Cold Brew with Vanilla Sweet Cream - Inspiring & Uplifting

Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

BIRD AND BIRD by Anne Lamott (NON FIC ADULT)
(for aspiring writers!)


8. Espresso Con Panna - Dark & Experimental

The Psychopath Whisperer: The Science of Those Without Conscience

(for anyone interested in psychology)

The Haunting of Hill House

THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE by Shirley Jackson (ADULT)
(if you like spooky stuff like me)

...


And that's the list! Thanks again to Sandhya Menon for being on my blog - I hope you guys got a few new recommendations for books - and coffee! (All links to books attached to titles.)

Please do check out Sandhya's new YA release When Dimple Met Rishi - now on sale!

When Dimple Met Rishi

SUMMARY

A laugh-out-loud, heartfelt YA romantic comedy, told in alternating perspectives, about two Indian-American teens whose parents have arranged for them to be married. 

Dimple Shah has it all figured out. With graduation behind her, she’s more than ready for a break from her family, from Mamma’s inexplicable obsession with her finding the “Ideal Indian Husband.” Ugh. Dimple knows they must respect her principles on some level, though. If they truly believed she needed a husband right now, they wouldn’t have paid for her to attend a summer program for aspiring web developers…right? 

Rishi Patel is a hopeless romantic. So when his parents tell him that his future wife will be attending the same summer program as him—wherein he’ll have to woo her—he’s totally on board. Because as silly as it sounds to most people in his life, Rishi wants to be arranged, believes in the power of tradition, stability, and being a part of something much bigger than himself. 

The Shahs and Patels didn’t mean to start turning the wheels on this “suggested arrangement” so early in their children’s lives, but when they noticed them both gravitate toward the same summer program, they figured, Why not? 

Dimple and Rishi may think they have each other figured out. But when opposites clash, love works hard to prove itself in the most unexpected ways.

LINKS:


1 comment:

  1. Love the book & coffee pairing—so fun! I can't wait to read When Dimple Met Rishi!

    ReplyDelete